In this section

If you have trained as a dietitian overseas and would like to work in the UK, you will be required to register with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). Registration with the HCPC is required to work as a dietitian in the UK.

To start the registration application process, contact the Health and Care Professions Council.

If you are established elsewhere in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you may be able to apply for Temporary registration with the HCPC. Temporary Registration applies to those applicants who wish to provide professional services in the UK on a temporary and occasional basis. Initial registration is one year in duration and may be renewed annually.

Placements for international students

In some countries, dietetic training is followed by a placement year. In the UK, placements are more integrated into the academic year.

Generally, UK universities do not have the provision to take on international students for placements. However, the BDA recommends checking with universities directly.

Join the BDA

As an international dietitian you may be able to join the BDA as an International Member.

Join today